THE HBO INSPIRES COMMUNITY PROGRAM
FOR PROSPECTIVE TRAINEES
WHAT IS IT?
• This program is an opportunity for local students and community members to participate in a paid Production Assistant training program for 7 days on the setof HBO’s VEEP.
•The internship is a 7 day paid training program on the set and production office during the pro- duction of VEEP You will be working 8 hours/day, withschedules that vary according to produc- tion schedules.
• These will be department specific internships, working closely with veteran professionals in behind-the-scenes trades.
• Departments participating in the 2016 VEEP training program include:
PRODUCTION • ART DEPT • PROPS
WHY IS THIS PROGRAM GOOD FOR MY FUTURE?
• HBO is happy to be working in your community to produce award winning stories and series content, and is working to create quality job training opportunities through its productions.
• It can be difficult to find ‘ways in’ to the complex world of film and television production; this type of internship program provides exposure to the variety of careers in production, as well as a basic understanding of on set etiquette, hiring practices and expectations on large productions.
WHAT IT ISN’T
• A job or a guarantee of a job: this is a paid training opportunity. Though participants may find additional work in the industry or on the production after the training program, this program is designed to provide career exposure in a limited time frame.
HOW DO I GET INVOLVED?
• Everyone is invited to apply. Your application is not a guarantee of acceptance or participation. Your application should include your preferencesregarding department placements.
• APPLY for the program at www.novacvideo.org/hbo/veep
• Applications due: February 17
• Phone Interviews: February 18-20
• Notifications: February 22
• Training Program: February 25 - March
Questions about the training program or application process can be directed to Biliana Grozdanova at email@example.com.